A real Favourite -these bars are addictive! This is from Gert’s family recipe book.
1 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup corn syrup, honey or Rogers Cane Syrup
6 cups gluten free Oatmeal
3/4 cup peanut butter -gluten free
3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Melt butter – place in large mixing bowl.
- Stir in the brown sugar and syrup.
- Add oatmeal.
- Press into a greased and floured baking sheet 15″ x 10″ or a 9″ x 13″ or a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350* for 15-20 minutes. Mixture will all be bubbling and turning golden at the edges.
- Place peanut butter and chocolate chips in microwave safe bowl. Heat a seconds at a time until melted. Stir until smooth and spread over first layer. Cool and slice while still a bit warm. Chill to set the top layer. These freeze well.
This recipe comes from my friend Gert’s family recipe book. I always like her recipes and changed this one to be gluten free.
In large microwavable bowl place:
1 cup butter or margarine
place in microwave and heat until melted.
Add, stirring after each addition:
2 cups brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 cup rice flour
1 cup sweet rice flour or glutinous rice flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup cocoa powder
2 cups icing sugar
2 tablespoons butter
6-7 tablespoons hot water.
Mix brownie ingredients together and spread in a lightly greased 9″x 13″ baking pan. Bake at 350* for 20-25 minutes or until tester inserted comes out clean.
Mix together the frosting ingredients and spread on warm brownies. Let get cold before slicing. This holds together and is softer/moister after being in a sealed plastic container in fridge for a day. It freezes well.
- Top baked brownies with a layer of miniature marshmallows (gluten free) and return to oven just long enough to make them puff. Remove from oven and let get cold before slicing.
- Caramel Brownies: Mix together: 1 1/2 cups icing sugar, 2 tbsp. cocoa powder, 2 tablespoons butter, 1 tbsp water or enough water to make a thick spreadable icing. Spread on cooled brownies.
This is a nice meal that is quick and easy to make. Serves 6
3-4 chicken breasts, cut in cubes
2 tablespoons peanut oil or canola oil
1 kg Stir Fry style vegetables, frozen
2 teaspoons grated ginger root
2 teaspoons diced garlic
2 tablespoons brown sugar
4 tablespoons soya sauce
2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce – optional
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 can pineapple chunks or tidbits
2 tablespoons condensed chicken broth or 2 bouillon cubes
1/4 cup water
Method: Fry cubed chicken in hot oil in large saucepan or wok. Drain pineapple and add juice to pan. Reserve pineapple. Stir in remaining ingredients, simmer until vegetables are crisp tender. Stir in pineapple. Serve over hot rice. For 6 people I cooked 2 1/2 – 3 cups rice.
This is a easy recipe that everyone loves!
This recipe is really good. It is a mild hamburger curry.