A real Favourite -these bars are addictive! This is from Gert’s family recipe book.
1 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup corn syrup, honey or Rogers Cane Syrup
6 cups gluten free Oatmeal
3/4 cup peanut butter -gluten free
3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Melt butter – place in large mixing bowl.
- Stir in the brown sugar and syrup.
- Add oatmeal.
- Press into a greased and floured baking sheet 15″ x 10″ or a 9″ x 13″ or a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350* for 15-20 minutes. Mixture will all be bubbling and turning golden at the edges.
- Place peanut butter and chocolate chips in microwave safe bowl. Heat a seconds at a time until melted. Stir until smooth and spread over first layer. Cool and slice while still a bit warm. Chill to set the top layer. These freeze well.