400 grams diced lean boneless pork
1 kg frozen oriental style vegetables
1 19 oz. can pineapple chunks, including juice
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoons cornstarch – see notes
2 teaspoons oil
Place raw diced pork into bottom of crock pot. Place frozen vegetables on top. In 2 cup measurer mix together the remaining ingredients. Pour over vegetables. Cover crockpot and cook on Low for 10 hours or on high for 4-5. Serve over rice. This makes 6 generous servings. .
- For 6 adults cook 2 cups brown rice in 4 cups water. There is enough topping and rice for 6-7 adults.
- I used raw pork loin from Costco. The kids thought it was chicken :).
- My sauce was not quite thick enough so I stirred in one tablespoon mixed with a little cold water into the crock pot about 15 minutes before supper. You could keep out a little juice and the cornstarch and add it at the end if you prefer. I have increased the cornstarch in the recipe to reflect this.
- I used peanut oil as that is my oil of choice with stir frys – I find it gives a nice flavour.
- To make freezer meals have large zippered freezer bags on counter and add all ingredients to the bag doubling or tripling recipe as desired. I would leave bag in fridge overnight before placing in crock pot in the morning so it is frozen but not a solid brick.